Doi Inthanon National Park, Waterfall & Hilltribe Village Tour
Full Day Doi Inthanon National Park, Waterfall & Hilltribe Village Tour
Visit Doi Inthanon National park, the highest mountain of Thailand (8,500 feet above sea level). Beautiful Maeklang Waterfall and Vachiratharn Waterfall, then visit the great pagodas which were built for the highness Majesties King and Queen. Then trip also can visit Meo hilltribe village which is living by the Royal project and the poor Karen hilltribe villages .
Tour Itinerary :
- 8:30 hrs: Lying south of Chiang Mai, the granite mass of Doi Inthanon, at 8,500 feet above sea level, is the highest mountain in the country. Doi Inthanon is the tail of Himalaya mountain range. Designated as a national park, the moist natural environment is a paradise for birds as it has almost 400 species, animals, flowers and fauna.
- 10:30 hrs: After a final steep climb, the summit is surprisingly flat though misty, cool and breezy. Walk shortly to see a small Stupa contains the remains of Chao Inthawichayanon the last independent ruler of Chiangmai who died in 1897 after Lanna Kingdom was combined to be a part of Siam. Enjoy exploring around Ang-Kha Nature Trail at the highest peak viewing beautiful Fern & Moss as well as White & Red Rhododendrons (Bloom only during Jan-Feb).
- 11.30 hrs.: Visit the Twin Pagodas built by the Thai Air force in honor of their Majesties King and Queen for their 60th Birthday Anniversaries. A visitors center nearby contains tourist information both in Thai and English.
- 12.30 hrs.: Stop on the way down to shop at Hmong Tribal Market who trade various kinds of vegetations, temperature fruits and flowers from their own farm.
- 13.00 hrs: Lunch will provide at restaurant
- 14:00 hrs: Drive through Baan Khun Klaang, the biggest Hmong community of Doi Inthanon heading to the Royals Project initiated by his Majesty the King to stop the hill tribes from growing the Opium. Enjoy searching around taking some pictures of beautiful flower plantations and the organic farmland inside the Project.
- 14.45 hrs.: Further down to Karen hill tribe village at Baan Sop Had.
- 15.30 hrs.: Last stop at Wachiratarn Waterfall. Relax by fresh and clear fall for freshen up after a long day tour.
- 16:30 hrs: Transfer back to Chiang Mai.
- 18.00 hrs. : Return to the hotel.
**Usually the temperature at the mountain top is cool all year round or even cold during Winter season so, a long sleeves shirt or jacket is good to be brought along during the trip**
Pickup Time: 08:30 hrs. (Morning)
Tour Starts Time: 09:00 hrs. (Morning)
Duration: 8.5 hrs.
|Booking Period:||27 Sep 2010 to 31 Oct 2018|
|Travel Period:||27 Sep 2010 to 31 Oct 2018|
Please be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time. The tour guide will be waiting for you at the hotel lobby and will be waiting maximum 10 minutes after the advised pick-up time. In case you cannot be located or contacted, the tour will commence as scheduled and payment for unused tour will not be refundable.
There is additional charge for Hotel Pick up/Drop off in other areas. Please click Here for the list of hotels pick up/drop off service and extra charge. (Reservation staff will charge separately).
- Please be aware that when you book with us, please use the same name that you use when you check- in at your hotel in order to avoid any misunderstanding when our tour staff comes to pick you up at your hotel lobby.
- In case you advise us different name when you book a tour, please call to inform us your room number before your tour date to help us locate you. Failure to advise us your room number may cause you to miss the tour bus (no show). Asiatravel reserves the right not to give you back any refund in case of no show.
Driver or Tour Guide Tip is not included in the package price and it is at your discretion.
We recommend you to bring sun block, sun glasses and hat for your protection.
Itinerary maybe changed subject to traffic situation / or weather condition.
Terms & Conditions:
Share this tour
Home Industries Tour (Half day)
01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19
Enjoy take a part in tea plucking activity at "Araksa Tea Garden" (2 hours)
01 Nov - 31 Oct 19