King of Lamphun wat phra that hariphunchai (Half day)
Sales By Hippo On Tour : 79/311 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 150, Khwaeng Saphan Sung, Khet Saphan Sung, Bangkok 10240, Thailand Tel: 02 116 6767 Mobile: 086 339 4174-5 Fax: 02 048 5988
Chiang Mai towards the southern Lamphun or Hariphunchai - Wat Jammathevee - Wat Ku Kut
Daily : Morning 08.30 – 12.00 / Afternoon 13.30 – 17.00
- 08h30 Leave from the hotel in Chiang Mai towards the southern part (26 kms). Lamphun or Hariphunchai is an ancient Mon empire founded in 660 A.D. and is the oldest existing city in the kingdom.
- 09h00 As you enter the city, the remnants of the old fortified city walls and the surrounding moat, constructed in the 16th century, are still evident.
- 09h30 Make a first stop at the principal temple of the province, Wat Prathat Hariphunchai, a Royal Temple built in 897 by a King of Lamphun. The temple is notably with a massive 51m Golden Pagoda enshrines the authentic relic of the Lord Buddha from India. In the same compound there’re Buddha Footprint, Teak Wood Library which houses many ancient Pali Scripts as well as an old Lanna Style Chedi and a huge call-to-prayer Gong.
- 10h30 Visit Wat Jammathevee, named after Queen Jammathevee the first ruler of Haripunchai or very well known among local people as “Wat Ku Kut” meaning the Chedi that has no top due to the lightning strike.
- 11h00 Proceed to Pa Sang village, a community of Cotton Weaving Industry.
- 11h20 View around the village seeing how cotton is woven by means of a traditional type of wooden loom also enjoy purchasing fine quality cotton which’s a good souvenir from Lamphun.
- 12h30 Return to Chiang Mai.
.. End of service ..
REMARK: Timing is approximately and program can be change or switch without prior notice depend on local conditions.
- Transportation : Van
- English speaking Guide
- Admission fees as mentioned
- Admission or fee not specified in the itinerary
- Gratuities and tips hotel/restaurant staff, bellboy, local guides/drivers and Tour Leader
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as laundry, and optional activities which are subject to availability.
- Child under 3 years : Free of Charged.
- Child 3- 9 years : 50 % Charged.
- 9 Year up : Charged as Adult
Home Industries Tour (Half day)
01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19
Enjoy take a part in tea plucking activity at "Araksa Tea Garden" (2 hours)
01 Nov - 31 Oct 19