Chiang Mai – Chiang Rai (2Day)
Sales By Hippo On Tour : 79/311 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 150, Khwaeng Saphan Sung, Khet Saphan Sung, Bangkok 10240, Thailand Tel: 02 116 6767 Mobile: 086 339 4174-5 Fax: 02 048 5988
Chiang Mai – Mae Khachan Hot Spring – White Temple – Karen Ruammitr Village - Chiang Rai (-/L/D)
- 08h30 Depart Chiang Mai for Chiang Rai via Doi Saket route passing through scenic mountains, valleys and villages.
- 09h45 Shortly break at Mae Khachan Hot Spring on the way to Chiang Rai.
- 11h30 Visit Wat Rong Khun or the White temple located about 15 minutes away from Chiang Rai city.
- 12h15 Lunch at the restaurant in the city.
- 13h15 Drive to the pier pleasuring an hour boat trip (a covered boat with motor) upstream the Mae Kok River to a Karen hill tribe village at Baan Ruammit. Karen is the migrant from Myanmar who arrived Thailand since around 17th centuries. They’re the majority group of hill tribes found in this country and their settlement usually discovered on high mountains in the west coast of Thailand. Please note: an Elephant Ride for half or 1 hour at the village can be arranged by optional tour upon a special request.
- 15h30 Also return by boat back to the city.
- 16h15 Move to visit Wat Pra Keaw in the hearth of Chiang Rai, a home of the Emerald Buddha which’s now at the Grand Palace in Bangkok.
- 16h30 Dinner at local restaurant and transfer to the hotel in Chiang Rai for overnight
Chiang Rai – Chiang Saen – Golden Triangle – Mae Sai - Chiang Mai (B/L/-)
- 08h00 After breakfast, head to Maechan area.
- 09h00 Visit Akha & Yao hill tribe villages in Mae Chan area. View around taking pictures of tribal villages & people who still dress up in their traditional costume as well as purchasing some cheap crafts from them. As the Akha especially is still a very poor people then, extra money is normally asked if you’re taking their picture anyway if you’re still happy to do that please negotiate with them before.
- 11h15 Continue to the ancient town of Chiang Saen, the capital of the kingdom until 13th century before King Meng Rai, the founder of Lanna Kingdom moved the capital to Chiang Rai. At that time the Myanmese also arrived and started to occupy the area, Chiang Saen was then totally destroyed and became an abandoned city for many decades.
- 12h00 Visit Wat Chedi Luang, almost 800 years old temple also one of the most important temples in Chiang Saen that was also destroyed and left abandoned.
- 12h20 Further drive along the Mekong’s River Bank to The World Renowned, Golden Triangle, the mystery land in the past related to the Drug Trade and War.
- 12h40 Buffet lunch at the restaurant.
- 13h40 Drive up a small hill to a scenic point at Wat Pu Kao for a picturesque view over the Mekong River and the meeting point of 3 different countries; Thailand – Laos – Myanmar.
- 14h00 Then, take a short walk from the temple down to the Opium Museum where questions and curiosity about the Opium are replied.
- 14h30 Go on travelling to Mae Sai, a bustling market at the border town with Myanmar and the northern most point of Thailand.
- 15h00 Shop around for some precious stones particularly jade from Myanmar as well as Chinese Goods that are shipped along the Mekong River down to Thailand.
- 16h00 Head back to Chiang Mai.
- 20h00 Arrive and transfer to the hotel.
.. End of service ..
REMARK: Timing is approximately and program can be change or switch without prior notice depend on local conditions.
- Transportation : Van : Boat trip on Mae Kok River (Round Trip) English speaking Guide
- Admission fees as mentioned
- Meals : 02 lunches and 01 dinner
- Accommodation Guest
- Admission or fee not specified in the itinerary
- Gratuities and tips hotel/restaurant staff, bellboy, local guides/drivers and Tour Leader
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as laundry, and optional activities which are subject to availability.
- Child under 3 years : Free of Charged.
- Child 3- 9 years : 50 % Charged.
- 9 Year up : Charged as Adult
Home Industries Tour (Half day)
01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19 | 01 Nov - 31 Oct 19
Enjoy take a part in tea plucking activity at "Araksa Tea Garden" (2 hours)
01 Nov - 31 Oct 19