2-in-1 Combo: Underground River + Firefly Watching
Hailed as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, the Underground River located inside a national park, is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is approximately 2 hours north of the city proper. On your way to the area, be amazed at the splendid top view of Ulugan Bay, and marvel at the karst limestone mountains and elephant cave.
From Sabang wharf, a motorized boat will take you to the entrance of the national park for 20 minutes. A boardwalk winding through dense jungle thickets will lead you to the mouth of the cave. There a boatman who will also serve as your guide will show you the wonders waiting for you inside.
Tour inside the cave would cover the first kilometer of this 8.2 km underground river known to be the longest navigable in the world which would last for about 45-60 minutes.
- Underground River Tour (Seat-in coach)
- Buffet Lunch (Sabang Beach)
- Air-conditioned Transfers
- Boat Transfers
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Permit and Entrance Fees
- Audio Device Fee
- Environmental Fee
- Shed Rental
Tour pick up and drop off from Daluyon Beach Resort, Taraw Resort, and tours to Sabang Zipline and Mangrove Tour area will go through private roads and will be charged a toll fee. The following toll fee applies per vehicle: Php 150/van; Php 200/coaster; and Php 250/bus. Said fees shall be collected under guests personal account.
If guests taking the Underground River tour are willing to proceed to Sabang wharf to meet our driver or guide, no toll fee will be collected.
Audio Device Fee (Php85/person) - Included in the package. All Underground River guests are required to use audio device inside the cave.
Environmental Fee (Pho150/person) - Included in the package. This is a mandatory fee which is paid once for all tours within Puerto Princesa.
Travel Advisory: To conserve the Puerto Princesa Underground River in its natural state, a carrying capacity of Nine Hundred (900) Visitors a day has been set (PAMB Resolution No. 06-2012) and a “No Permit, No Entry” policy is strictly enforced.
Underground River Permit - Included in the package. Permits for the Underground River Tour are issued on a First-Come, First-Serve basis. Although Asiatravel.com regularly updates its inventory to reflect the availability of permits, it may advise fully-booked status anytime. Permit Fee is subject to change without prior notice due to any sudden changes implemented by the local government. Surcharge shall be collected onsite prior start of the tour.
Valid identification cards such as government issued ID and passport must be presented during registration for the tour. Please bring these documents with you for a worry-free visit.
Cancellations: Tours for the Underground River can be suspended and Visitor Entry Permits cancelled any day due to unfavorable meteorological conditions. In such case, the affected visitor may opt to rebook for the tour on a later date or seek a refund of amount paid for the tour. Management shall waive all rebooking fees or refund surcharges.
Additional Tips: Do not forget to bring your comfortable swimming attire, change of clothes, sun block, hat, and insect repellent.
Blockout Dates: Annual Cave Festival on July 1, 2, 3
Should you require further assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +66 2116 6767
Pickup Time: TO BE ADVISED 1-DAY BEFORE TOUR (Starts at 0645H, depending on your hotel location)
Duration: Approx: 8 Hours
Tour & activity details (Please avoid selecting two tours in a single day. Please check tour timing/duration below before selecting tour dates)
|Booking Period:||01 Mar 2017 to 31 Dec 2018|
|Travel Period:||01 Mar 2017 to 31 Dec 2018|
Upon receipt of confirmation, kindly send COMPLETE NAMES, AGE and COUNTRY of origin of all tour participants to email@example.com. This is required to secure permits to enter the Underground River (Complete details are required as the securing of permit is on a first come, first served basis).
- This is a seat-in coach tour.
- We only arrange pick up to those guest staying in City Proper Hotels.
- Pickup Procedures: Pickup time usually starts at 0645H to 0800H, depending on hotel location and traffic.Pick up time may change. We shall call your hotel one day before your tour date to advise estimated pick-up time of the tour. Please expect our call/message around 5PM-6PM.
- Guests staying at Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa will be picked-up around 10:00-11:00am.
- Transfer surcharge: JAMP Pension House and Microtel Inn & Suites Palawan (Php70/person/way), Marina de Bay Resort and Spa (Php100/person/way)
- Permit Fee is subject to change without prior notice due to any sudden changes implemented by the local government. Surcharge shall be collected onsite prior start of the tour.
- Please present Hippoontour.com voucher to redeem reserved activity.
- If available, provide local contact number to the reservation officer.
- Pick up/Drop off beyond the listed hotels is subject to additional surcharge.
- Child rate may not be applicable for packages requiring a minimum number of pax more than one.
- Tour/Transfer included in the package is not arranged by the hotel (unless otherwise stated in your hotel voucher).
Should you require further assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact : +66 2116 6767
Firefly Watching Tour (UR Sidetrip)
Firefly watching takes place in Iwahig River, one of the biggest and scenic rivers in Puerto Princesa. It is a Community Based Sustainable Tourism Program, the beneficiaries of which are the community people themselves so a tour here is in a way an investment to a community to take care of their place even more.
Open your eyes to a different world of lighters glittering numerous mangrove trees somehow resembling Christmas trees in the darkest of night, only their lights are not powered by electricity but by freshest of oxygen intake as explained by the local guide. It is truly a sight to behold one visitor of Puerto Princesa shouldn’t miss.
As additional to the tour, boatmen include the discussion of constellations visible in the sky which he points out using his laser lights.
- Air-conditioned van transfers
- Boat transfers
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- Licensed Tour guide
Pickup Time: 1800-1830H
Tour Starts Time: 1800H
Duration: 3-3.5 Hours
- This is a shared tour.
- This is a side trip for Underground River Tour and not a stand alone tour.
- Rate include pick up/drop off transfers from hotels within City Proper only.
- Surcharge applies if pick up/drop off is outside City Proper.
- Guest staying at Sheridan Beach Resort & Spa will have to pay additional charge. Sheridan Resort is located in Sabang, which is 2 hours away land travel going to Puerto Princesa.
- Environmental Fee: There is a one time fee of Php40.00 per person per Tour as a city ordinance of the City of Puerto Princesa to be paid by the guest during the Tour.
- Toll Fees: Tour pick up and drop off from Daluyon Beach Resort, Taraw Resort, and tours to Sabang Zipline and Mangrove Tour area will go through private roads and will be charged a toll fee. The following toll fee applies per vehicle: Php 150/van; Php 200/coaster; and Php 250/bus. Said fees shall be collected under guests personal account.