Hill Tribe & Mekong Discover 3D2N
Sales By Hippo On Tour : 79/311 Soi Ramkhamhaeng 150, Khwaeng Saphan Sung, Khet Saphan Sung, Bangkok 10240, Thailand Tel: 02 116 6767 Mobile: 086 339 4174-5 Fax: 02 048 5988
arrive at Lanjia in the course of the afternoon. After enjoying your welcome another activities- dinner with local delicacies,- Hmong and Lahu music and dances.
- 16h00: arrive at Lanjia in the course of the afternoon. After enjoying your welcome drink, we will inform you by means of a Video presentation about the various tribal people residing in Thailand, with the main focus on the Hmong and Lahu tribes, for them being your hosts at Lanjia Lodge.
- Another presentation will give you insights on the various activities affecting the lives of people living by and from the Mekong River over decades and on the famous Giant Catfish (locally known as Pla Buek), the world’s largest freshwater that can still be found in the Mekong.
- In the evening, you enjoy a sumptuous dinner with local delicacies, followed by a performance of both, Hmong and Lahu music and dances.
- Overnight at Lanjia Lodge.
prepare yourself go to the lodge, called “Baan Kiew Karn”. a local truck to the close-by village of Baan Muang Karn You will enjoy your lunch today in a local restaurant right by the river. Overnight at Lanjia Lodge
- Will then guide you through the Hmong and Lahu village adjacent to the lodge, called “Baan Kiew Karn”.
- You will learn about the many traditions, beliefs and the daily way of life of these two tribes, and also enjoy a hands-on experience of the local Batik making, which you will be taught by an extremely skillful Hmong woman. Afterwards, the Shaman of the village will be pleased to answer all your questions regarding the local belief in Shamanism.
- Later, we will transfer you in a local truck to the close-by village of Baan Muang Karn, from where you will board a local boat and cruise down the famed Mekong River to the city of Chiang Khong.
- You will enjoy your lunch today in a local restaurant right by the river. After lunch, our guide will walk with you through parts of this charming border town, and you will visit two temples on the way, before heading to the village of Ban Had Krai, where you will meet with local fishermen who have seen and caught the famed Giant Catfish, and who will be pleased to share their unique stories with you.
- As a last stop before arriving back to the lodge, you will visit the temple Wat Phra That Jom Meng on a mountain top with a most scenic view over the Mekong River basin and Laos. Arrive back in the lodge in time to relax and prepare for another meal showcasing the unique flavors of the local cuisine.
- Overnight at Lanjia Lodge
Lanjia Lodge – Departure After breakfast,After breakfast, we will take a local truck and visit a small waterfall, visiting an Organic Tea Farm, producing the famous Oolong tea,
- After breakfast, we will take a local truck and visit a small waterfall, where you have the opportunity to swim in your own pool in the middle of a tropical forest.
- We will bring along
- a wonderful picnic lunch for you to enjoy, before returning to the lodge in the early afternoon, but not before visiting an Organic Tea Farm, producing the famous Oolong tea, said to have an array of healing effects on your body.
- We will serve you refreshment at Lanjia Lodge, before our services end.
**End of service**
* Minimum 2 people traveling together
- Assistance of English-speaking Lanjia guide during the trip.
- Accommodation in a non air-conditioned room with a view of Laos and the Mekong River. The twin bedded room is equipped with electric fan and a private bathroom.
- Power Point Presentation about Hmong & Lahu Tribe, Golden Triangle, Pla Buek (Giant Catfish) in the Mekhong River.
- Tours and activities: Visit the village and a shaman’s house. A Long-tail boat ride on the Mekong River to visit Baan Had Bai “Fishermen village”. Pra That Jom Meng temple, Waterfall and Organic Tea Farm.
- Hmong Batik Making.
- Traditional Hmomg
- Meal as specified.
- Transfer to / from Lanjia Lodge.
- Airfares and airport taxes.
- Other meals and services than those mentioned in the program.
- Personal expenses such as drink, laundry, telephone, etc
- Child 2-12 years sharing the same room with 2 adults with an extra mattress: charge 75% of the adult rate
- Group concession: 1 FOC in a half twin for, every 15 full – paying persons
- We're reserves the right to revise the tariffs depending on the evolution of the fuel price
- Guests should be healthy and in good physical conditions.
- Weather conditions may impose changes in the program or the cancellation of activities.
***If you don't see the price that matches your travel plan because you travel alone or with children or with a small group, you can send an inquiry directly to email@example.com